WEBINAR: Serving International Students
International Students can be a lucrative source of much needed income and diversification for post-secondary institutions. Excellent customer service is the key. However, research consistently shows post-secondary institutions often fall short when it comes to meeting International Students’ customer service expectations.
Training in intercultural communication and cultural competency in customer service delivery is essential to building relationships, customer loyalty and overall student satisfaction. Furthermore, it can reduce administrative workload and customer complaints.
Evelina Silveira has combined her knowledge gained through her education, lived, and professional experiences to deliver a practically based, interactive, authentic, awareness-raising (and at times a humourous) webinar to help participants understand how they can improve communication and the student customer service experience.
Peppered into the webinar, are her many stories of intercultural interactions and what was learned.
If you are wondering how can you enhance your relationships with International Students and reduce service inequities, this webinar is for you!
In this webinar you will learn:
• What is “culture”.
• What impact might culture have on the customer service.
• Theories that help us understand cultural differences.
• Cultural differences in the expression of politeness.
• Why cultural misunderstandings may occur.
• The careful use of humour.
• Major points of cultural conflict.
• Cultural differences in terms of customer service expectations.
• How to set boundaries.
• How to de-escalate difficult situations.
• Ways of making your communication clearer in writing and in speaking.
• Strategies for deciphering distorted English pronunciation patterns.
• And much more.
All participants will receive summary notes and a job aid.
This interactive webinar is approximately 3 hours and 15 minutes with a 15 minute break. Inquire about shorter versions and references.
Customization is available upon request.
To learn more contact