Tue, Feb 23|
COMMUNICATION SKILLS FOR INCLUSIVE LEADERSHIP (1)
In this interactive workshop, gain the spoken, written, and listening skills you need to lead today's diverse workplaces.
Time & Location
Feb 23, 2021, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. EST
About the Event
Inclusive Leadership does not come naturally -- it is learned. In today's modern, diverse workplaces leaders must be equipped with essential communication skills to leverage diversity, convey respect, encourage opposing opinions, deliver sensitive news, and give employees a sense of belonging.
A hallmark of a great leader is their communication skills. Our signature workshop will help you get there!
Whether you are seeking a refresher or could use some new strategies for dealing with challenging workplace problems this workshop is for you.
WHO SHOULD REGISTER:
- Persons preparing themselves for future leadership roles.
- Leaders who are finding their current style of communication is ineffective.
- Persons who have been told their communication style is too aggressive.
- Persons who have to deliver sensitive information regularly.
- New immigrants who may be unfamiliar with the nuances of the English language.
- Employees working in the customer service field.
- Persons who are new to the workforce or are returning after a prolonged break.
- Employees who have been identified as workplace bullies.
- Employees who are seeking to improve their communication style.
- Persons conducting international business with North Americans and who seek to increase their spoken and written English.
IN THIS WORKSHOP YOU WILL LEARN:
- Grammar concepts that can be easily employed to soften your tone.
- How to listen actively with empathy.
- Keywords to use to soften and make your language more polite and diplomatic.
- About the role of intonation and word stress and its relationship to effective communication.
- Ways of delivering bad news.
- The basics of assertive communication.
- How to make requests politely.
- Methods for giving commands.
- Strategies for politely objecting.
- Courteous ways to let someone know you do not understand them.
- How to respond to destructive and constructive criticism.
- Helpful ways of making suggestions.
- About inclusive language and politeness.
- Techniques for learning how to filter your comments.
- Appropriate ways to respond to offensive comments.
- Interactive exercises for participants.
- Homework assignment with feedback.
Participants must be prepared to go on camera. This is a workshop and therefore student participation is expected. Learners will receive a certificate and a workbook.
Limited to 15 participants
I enjoyed the session very much. The conversation was interesting and informative, with plenty of interactive exercises. It was a safe space to share experiences and learn from others.
Executive Director, North Bay District Multicultural Centre
The "Communication Skills for the Workplace" seminar hosted by Evelina Silveira of Diversity at Work Communications Training was both educational and interactive. I enjoyed learning some acceptable ways to mitigate bad communication practices in the workplace. I look forward to taking other seminars from her.
Business Support Specialist, Everassist
Includes live course, handouts and feedback on marked assignment.$425.00Tax: +$55.25 HST