Thu, Dec 07|
Webinar: Tone It Down! (2)
An interactive virtual workshop that will help you master the art of tactful, respectful and diplomatic communication.
Time & Location
Dec 07, 2023, 9:00 a.m. – 12:50 p.m. EST
About the event
Have you received feedback that your tone is too aggressive?
Have you been surprised by the adverse reaction someone had to what you said or wrote that seemed entirely neutral for you?
Would you like to learn ways to make speaking/writing more professional?
This interactive, online workshop will teach you how to soften your tone and help you sound more respectful, polite and assertive.
You will learn the following:
- How to use grammar conventions to sound more diplomatic.
- A formula for delivering bad news.
- Little words that make a difference to neutralize a message.
- When and how to use formal, neutral and informal tones.
Who should attend?
- If you think your communication skills could be holding you back.
- People seem upset or offended by your written or speaking style.
- If you are new to the workforce.
- If you have never taken a business communications class.
- If English is your second language and you struggle with nuances in written and spoken communication.
- If you are seeking a refresher.
- If you regularly have to deal with sensitive issues that require tactful communication.
Click to review the course Outline .
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Evelina Silveira has been in the field of workplace inclusion for 20 years. Drawing on her experiences as a facilitator, English as a Foreign Language Coach, Certified Mediator, and soft skills coach, Evelina has developed a concentrated course to help anyone struggling to sound more professional, assertive and respectful.