Wed, Mar 22|
WEBINAR - Serving Customers With English Language Barriers Over the Phone (1)
Provide a better customer service experience, reduce stress, and have more productive calls.
Time & Location
Mar 22, 2023, 1:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. EDT
About the event
- Conducting international business?
- Providing counselling services?
- Doing emergency crisis work?
- Involved in customer service?
- Conducting intakes and initial assessments?
- Does your organization's phone communicators speak to callers with low-level English proficiency?
- Are you having difficulty getting your message across to clients over the phone?
- Do your workers know what to do when they experience a misunderstanding during a phone conversation?
- Are you confident that your customers receive excellent service from your telephone interactions?
Then, this interactive webinar is for you!
In real-world interactions, miscommunications result in dropped calls, hang-ups, arguments, and misunderstandings. As a result, operators and callers are frustrated, and callers leave without their service or product.
Our training will teach you the following:
- How to tell if a caller has a language barrier or a heavy accent.
- How to get your message across as clearly as possible.
- How an ESL telephone alphabet can help you explain letters over the phone.
- How to decipher commonly distorted pronunciation patterns.
- How to calm down a caller with three simple words.
- How to discern the verb tense the caller is using.
- How can you guide callers to gather the information they need?
No field expert has identified this issue or developed solutions to help phone callers with low English skills. This is a unique training program that will reduce the communication barriers faced by your employees. With these tools, your service will stand out among your competitors.
Evelina interviewed native-born and immigrant communities to understand their experiences with phone communication and language barriers. Then, using these real-life experiences, she created an innovative, customer-service-focused workshop that benefits all parties: your customers with low English skills, your phone workers, and your organization.
The workshop includes simulated audio, videos, and group exercises.
Previous attendees have included:
- Call-center representatives
- 9-1-1 Communicators
- Distress-line operators
- Immigrant-serving agency workers
- Shelter workers
- Phone tech-support
- Airlines and additional organizations that rely on phone communication
- Healthcare providers
Even the most experienced phone communicators have told us that our training
has helped them to improve their job performance.
Testimonial from London Workshop
Evelina provided many different resources and examples that were helpful to navigate through language barriers and accents. This will be helpful for me to bring back to the workplace to share with my co-workers.
Jolynn Smith, Oxford County Children's Centre
Telephone Communication$175.00Tax: +$22.75 HST