Wed, Sep 22|
VIRTUAL WORKSHOP -Mental Health Inclusion in the Workplace
1 in 5 Canadians will live with a mental illness An alarming statistic means it is time for workplaces to break the stigma and address this issue just as any other disability.
Time & Location
Sep 22, 2021, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. EDT
About the event
1 in 5 Canadians will live with a mental illness. This alarming statistic means it is time for workplaces to break the stigma and address this issue just as any other disability or diversity dimension. Yet, most workplace diversity and inclusion initiatives often dismiss mental illness disability, even though it affects everyone in one way or another.
The last year and a half have been challenging for many Canadians due to Covid and several national and international events. As an employer, you may wonder, “How can I show my employees/staff that I acknowledge the additional stress they may be carrying? How can I create an environment where employees know their rights to accommodations? How can I equip employees with a few tools to help them decompress stress and reduce their chances of becoming ill? What steps can I take as an organization to minimize mental illness resulting from workplace incidents and culture?
Look no further. This workshop is a perfect introduction for staff or management.
In this interactive workshop, you will learn the following:
· How mental illness is defined.
· How certain diverse groups may be more vulnerable to stress.
· The impact hate and discrimination have on health.
· Personal rights that help you create healthy boundaries.
· Self-care and warning signs.
· Basic signs that a co-worker might not be well.
· How to support a co-worker living with mental health issues.
· About the myths surrounding suicide.
· The role caring workplaces have on recovery.
· Legislation that protects the rights of workers living with mental illness.
· Organizational strategies that can reduce work-related mental illness and support workers.
Our interactive workshop contains self-reflection exercises, discussion, group activities, self-assessments, and story-telling.
It is limited to 20 participants.
Approximately 2.75 hours
Includes certificate and handouts
Would you like this workshop delivered virtually to your organization at a different time? Please get in touch with me regarding corporate training options.
Contact us for the details.
Mental Health Inclusion
This ticket includes an e-certificate and a$199.00