Thu, Feb 02|
COMMUNICATION SKILLS FOR WORKPLACE SUCCESS
Learning how to communicate assertively and respectfully while creating a sense of organizational belonging is tantamount to succeeding in the workplace.
Time & Location
Feb 02, 2023, 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. EST
About the event
Inclusive Leadership does not come naturally -- it is learned. However, in today's modern, diverse workplaces leaders must be equipped with essential communication skills to leverage diversity, convey respect, encourage opposing opinions, deliver sensitive news, and give employees a sense of belonging.
A hallmark of a great leader is their communication skills. Our signature workshop will help you get there!
Whether you seek a refresher or could use some new strategies for dealing with challenging workplace problems, this workshop is for you.
PREVIOUS ATTENDEES HAVE INCLUDED:
- Leaders seeking a well-rounded course on communication skills.
- Immigrants who haven't been taught the nuances of the English language or the correct intonation.
- CEOs whose brash communication style is turning their managers away.
- The millennial who is just a bit too direct for the customers' liking.
- International clients conducting business in English-speaking countries.
WHO SHOULD REGISTER:
- Persons preparing themselves for future leadership roles.
- Leaders who are finding their current style of communication is ineffective.
- Persons who have been told their communication style is too aggressive.
- Persons who have to deliver sensitive information regularly.
- New immigrants who may be unfamiliar with the nuances of the English language.
- Employees working in the customer service field.
- Persons who are new to the workforce or are returning after a prolonged break.
- Employees who have been identified as workplace bullies.
- Employees who are seeking to improve their communication style.
IN THIS WORKSHOP, YOU WILL LEARN THE FOLLOWING:
- The art of listening and how good a listener you are.
- Grammar concepts that can be easily employed to soften your tone.
- Keywords to use to soften and make your language more polite and diplomatic.
- Ways of delivering bad news.
- The basics of assertive communication.
- How to make requests politely.
- Methods for giving commands.
- Strategies for politely objecting.
- Courteous ways to let someone know you do not understand them.
- How to respond to destructive and constructive criticism.
- Helpful ways of making suggestions.
- Interactive exercises for participants.
Participants must be prepared to go on camera. This is a workshop, and therefore student participation is expected. Learners will receive an electronic certificate and a workbook.
Limited to 15 participants
Includes an interactive course and workshop notes.$425.00Tax: +$55.25 HSTSale ended