WEBINAR - Serving Customers With Language Barriers Over the Phone
Time & Location
About the Event
NOTE: The content of this webinar has been originally delivered to over 400 participants sector-wide across Canada, within a 3-hour workshop timeframe.
In this interactive, practically-based webinar you will learn how to:
· Tell if the caller has a genuine language barrier or merely a heavier accent.
· Understand and decipher common distorted pronunciation and grammatical patterns with helpful tips and tricks.
· Speak more clearly.
· Read numbers and spell using an ESL alphabet.
· Tell what tense the caller is speaking.
· Guide the caller to obtaining vital information.
· Calm distressed callers with three simple words.
· Deal with common stressors including impolite and
· Simplify industry terms using clear language
Past participants have included: 9-1-1 calltakers, receptionists, intake workers, crisis centre workers, program coordinators, salespeople and police officers.
Supplementary materials are available for purchase: