Mon, May 31|
WEBINAR - Serving Customers With English Language Barriers Over the Phone (1)
Knowing how to help customers navigate through phone calls politely, productively and accurately is a cornerstone of good service. Every customer deserves a positive experience. Reduce the stress of misunderstanding by learning some new skills.
Time & Location
May 31, 2021, 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. EDT
About the Event
Facilitated by Evelina Silveira, Diversity at Work, Serving Customers with Language Barriers Over the Telephone has been delivered across Canada and has received very positive feedback for its innovative and practical approaches to dealing with a real problem.
Whether you are a receptionist, call centre representative, customer service agent, intake worker, a 9-1-1 communicator, or someone who spends a lot of time on the phone, this workshop is for you.
Best of all, you will receive job aids to help you navigate through calls in your workplace.
In this interactive, hands-on practically-based webinar, you will learn how to:
· Tell if the caller has a real language barrier or merely a heavier accent.
· Understand and decipher standard distorted pronunciation and grammatical patterns with helpful tips and tricks.
· Speak more clearly.
· Read numbers and spell using an ESL alphabet.
· Tell what tense the caller is speaking.
· Guide the caller to obtaining vital information.
· Calm distressed callers with three simple words.
· Deal with everyday stressors, including impolite and uncooperative callers.
· Simplify industry terms using clear language.