Tue, Mar 31|
London Chamber Of Commerce
POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE Respectful Workplace: Anti-Bullying and Harassment Training
Effective anti-bullying and harassment training elicits sensitivity and empathy and is engaging and motivating.
Time & Location
Mar 31, 2020, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
London Chamber Of Commerce, 244 Pall Mall St, London, ON N6A 5P6, Canada
About the event
WORKPLACE RESPECT MATTERS!
- Are you using a workshop to deliver your training? - Does it evoke empathy and action among its participants? - Does it focus on personal responsibility? - Does it send the message that respect is a core value? - Does it include powerful storytelling elements about the effects of bullying and workplace harassment?
If you have answered "No" to any of these, your training might not be protecting you from lawsuits and the ensuing costs of bullying and harassment investigations.
Doesn't it make sense to spend a little more time and maybe a bit more money to create awareness and equip employees with skills?
Bullying and harassment allegations are costly to all parties -- being proactive goes a long way.
Let us be your ally in preventing and reducing incidents of workplace violence and harassment with our signature training.
Diversity at Work’s anti-harassment and anti-bullying training goes beyond the standard content which focuses primarily on legislation. We believe that taking personal responsibility is an essential component to ending workplace bullying and harassment and this is emphasized throughout the workshop.
Evelina Silveira, the facilitator, shares her experiences as a consultant but also as a victim of bullying and harassment from bosses and co-workers. She discusses what approaches worked and which ones did not.
Through self-reflection/assessment exercises, participants will learn about different forms of bullying and be asked to take an inventory of the tactics they tend to use or witness. This is a powerful exercise as often some participants do not realize they may be contributing to a toxic environment in the workplace.
In this workshop, participants will learn:
- The costs of workplace bullying and harassment to all parties.
- How to identify different types of bullying and harassment through self-reflection exercises and discussions.
- The characteristics of eight different types of bullies.
- The differences between bullying and harassment.
- What to do if you witness bullying or are a victim.
- Coping skills for those who are bullied in the workplace.
And much more.
This workshop is approximately 3 hours and includes individual and group exercises, storytelling, video and a host of memorable, impactful exercises. .
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Employees at all levels.
NOTE: This workshop is also available on a 1:1 basis as well as for privately for specific employers.
All participants will receive workshop handouts.
Anti-Bullying and Harassment
handouts and beverage$175.00