Wed, Jul 21|
Active Listening Skills for Inclusive Leadership
Listening is one of the most underrated leadership soft skills. However, it has the power to build and improve relationships with staff, employees, co-workers and clients.
Time & Location
Jul 21, 2021, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. EDT
About the event
Let people know their voice matters!
- Do you feel disconnected from your team, staff, or co-workers and don't know why?
- Do you find workplace conflicts are frequently getting in the way of team building?
- Is there a lot of talking going on and not enough empathy in your workplace?
- Are you seeking a sure-fast way of improving your communication skills?
- Do diversity dialogues quickly turn to name-calling and judgment?
- Do the same workplace problems keep on resurfacing?
- Are you lost for ideas of how to resolve recurring service or staff problems?
- Have you been told more than once that "you just don't listen"?
If you have answered "Yes" to any of these? This workshop is for you! Over the last year and a half, I have received an uptake in requests for sensitivity/empathy training. If there is one common denominator to most of my calls, people are not actively listening. They may be hearing, but that's about it. Staff, employees, co-workers, and clients give us clues about our behavior or how to improve situations, but we choose to ignore them. We may dismiss them or be too distracted to hear what others are saying. We may think we already have “all of the answers,” and our stubbornness or rigidity won’t allow for a difference of opinion. But you can change all of this. For example, I learned about active listening skills many years ago when I was a counselor for an anger management program. They were simple techniques but had a tremendous impact on building and improving relationships. I continue to teach these skills in my anti-bullying and inclusive leadership webinars. Active listening conveys humility and shows respect for others. It’s not rocket science. But, you will be amazed at the results!
Acquiring Active Listening Skills Can:
- Help you to build stronger connections between your staff, co-workers, and clients.
- Reduce biases against people and assess situations more clearly.
- Improve your productivity and reduce misunderstanding.
- Build your reputation as an empathetic listener and leader.
- Increase your understanding of people who are different from you.
- Open up your world to new ideas and ways of looking at a variety of issues.
- Develop trust among your team members.
- Improve your customer service.
- Sharpen your mediation and conflict resolution skills.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- The differences between passive and active listening;
- The qualities of an effective listener;
- Responding, encouraging, and attending behaviours;
- Tips for being an empathetic and active listener;
- The benefits of active listening;
- About the attitudes and beliefs stifling active listening;
- Verbal and non-verbal ways to communicate attentiveness;
- The characteristics of active listening.
- How to orient yourself to listen actively;
- Various techniques for active listening.
This interactive workshop involves role-playing, reflective exercises, analyzing conversations, a workbook, and a hard copy certificate of completion. 3 hours
Active Listening Skills
Includes webinar, digital certificate and summary notes.$225.00Tax: +$29.25 HST