WEBINAR - Serving Customers With English Language Barriers Over the Phone
Time & Location
About the Event
NOTE: The content of this webinar has been originally delivered to over 400 participants sector-wide across Canada, within a 3-hour workshop timeframe. Approximate length is 1 hours and 30 minutes.
In this interactive, practically-based webinar you will learn how to:
· Tell if the caller has a genuine language barrier or merely a heavier accent.
· Understand and decipher common distorted pronunciation and grammatical patterns with helpful tips and tricks.
· Speak more clearly.
· Read numbers and spell using an ESL alphabet.
· Tell what tense the caller is speaking.
· Guide the caller to obtaining vital information.
· Calm distressed callers with three simple words.
· Deal with common stressors including impolite and
· Simplify industry terms using clear language
Past participants have included: 9-1-1 calltakers, receptionists, intake workers, crisis centre workers, program coordinators, salespeople and police officers.
Supplementary materials are available for purchase:
NOTE: Please be advised that each participant will require a unique password. Pricing is per participant. No sharing of codes is permitted. Participants who enter the webinar room without paying the registration will be asked to leave. Your co-operation is appreciated. This webinar is offered at half price. Thank you for supporting a small business during these challenging times.
If you have any questions, please contact 519-659-4777. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Webinar -June 10$55+$7.15 HST$55+$7.15 HST0$0