Fri, May 28|
COMMUNICATION SKILLS FOR INCLUSIVE WORKPLACES
Learning how to communicate assertively and respectfully is the key to building authentic relationships and inclusive workplaces.
Time & Location
May 28, 2021, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. EDT
About the Event
Are you concerned that at times you might come across as too harsh? Have you been given feedback to soften your tone or to communicate more diplomatically? Do you want to learn ways to get your point across without coming across as defensive or like a bully? These are just a few of the skills you will learn in this all-day workshop.
WHO SHOULD REGISTER:
Are you concerned that, at times, you might come across as too harsh? Have you been given feedback to soften your tone or to communicate more diplomatically? Is getting your point across without sounding defensive a problem for you? These are just a few of the skills you will learn in this all-day workshop.
Our signature workshop will help you get there!
Whether you are seeking a refresher in communication skills or could use some new strategies for dealing with challenging workplace problems ---this workshop is for you.
PREVIOUS ATTENDEES HAVE INCLUDED:
- Leaders seeking a well-rounded course on communication skills;
- Immigrants who are not taught the nuances of the English language or the correct intonation;
- CEOs whose brash communication style is turning their managers away;
- The millennial who is just a bit too direct for the customers’ liking;
- International clients conducting business in English-speaking countries.
WHO SHOULD REGISTER:
- Persons preparing themselves for future leadership roles;
- Leaders who are finding their current style of communication is ineffective;
- Persons who have been told their communication style is too aggressive;
- Persons who have to deliver sensitive information regularly;
- New immigrants who may be unfamiliar with the nuances of the English language;
- Employees working in the customer service field;
- Persons who are new to the workforce or are returning after a prolonged break;
- Employees who have been identified as workplace bullies;
- Employees who are seeking to improve their communication style.
IN THIS WORKSHOP YOU WILL LEARN:
- Grammar concepts that can be easily employed to soften your tone.
- Keywords to use to soften and make your language more polite and diplomatic.
- About the role of intonation and word stress and its relationship to effective communication.
- Ways of delivering bad news.
- The basics of assertive communication.
- How to make requests politely.
- Methods for giving commands.
- Strategies for politely objecting.
- Courteous ways to let someone know you do not understand them.
- How to respond to destructive and constructive criticism.
- Helpful ways of making suggestions.
- About inclusive language and politeness.
- Techniques for learning how to filter your comments.
- Appropriate ways to respond to offensive comments.
- Interactive exercises for participants.
- Homework assignment with feedback.
Participants must be prepared to go on camera. Learners will receive a certificate and a workbook.
Limited to 15 participants
Includes live course, handouts and feedback on marked assignment.